Looking for family-friendly activities in southwest Edmonton? Whether you're a resident of Paisley or live in a nearby community, here are the top things for families to do within a 30-minute drive of Paisley.
1. Fort Edmonton Park (21-minute drive)
Fort Edmonton Park is a large living history museum on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River.
The park is an ideal destination for families with interactive learning opportunities, hands-on activities and an immersive historical experience.
2. Family-friendly dining options
There are several family-friendly restaurants within a short drive of Paisley:
- Tiffin (9-minute drive): Fast-casual doesn’t have to mean skimping on full flavour. Tiffin delivers both and is conveniently located in Currents of Windermere. Get directions.
- Browns Social House (8-minute drive): Enjoy steaks, burgers and vegetarian options in a cozy atmosphere. Get directions.
- Tutti Frutti breakfast & lunch (8-minute drive): Tutti Frutti serves up hearty meals and is the perfect spot to gather with loved ones. Get directions.
- Pho House (4-minute drive): Pho house serves up Vietnamese and Korean cuisine in the nearby community of Chapelle. Get directions.
3. Edmonton Valley Zoo (24-minute drive)
Edmonton Valley Zoo is one of the major zoos in the province of Alberta and provides a friendly environment where kids can have fun while learning about various animals.
Exhibits are designed to be engaging and educational, allowing kids to observe a range of wildlife. There are also special events and educational programs tailored for children, with a focus on conservation and environmental stewardship.
4. Skating at local arenas
There are several indoor skating rinks within close vicinity of Paisley:
- Kinsmen Twin Arenas (12-minute drive): located next to the William Lutsky YMCA, Kinsmen Twin Arenas has two rinks. Get directions.
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre (13-minute drive): This City of Edmonton facility has rinks, a pool, a gym and an indoor playground. There are many great programs to help you stay active. Get directions.
- Allard Outdoor Rink (9-minute drive): Work on your skating or take part in a game of shinny under the sun on a bright winter day or under the floodlights at night. Get directions.
5. Recreational Parks
Below are some of our favourite parks in Paisley and surrounding areas:
- Paisley Dog Park: this fully fenced dog park in the heart of Paisley is a great spot to hang out as a family. It has two play areas: one for large dogs; the other for smaller breeds. Get directions.
- Terwillegar Park (16-minute drive): this large, scenic park features numerous walking and hiking trails. It’s perfect for nature enthusiasts and families looking to explore the outdoors. Get directions.
- Whitemud Creek Ravine (9-minute drive): this picturesque park is the ideal spot for picnics or family outings, and provides a peaceful escape from the city. Get directions.
- Blackburn Creek Park (10-min drive): this beautiful little park runs along the Blackmud Creek Ravine and features a playground and walking trails. Get directions.
- MacEwan Park (7-minute drive): this park features a basketball court, soccer field and a large canopy for hosting birthday parties and other get-togethers. Get directions.
6. Galaxyland (23-minute drive)
Known for being the world’s second-largest indoor amusement park, Galaxyland at West Edmonton Mall offers thrilling rides and attractions suitable for visitors of all ages. Get directions.
7. Indoor play areas
Check out these indoor play areas located within driving distance from Paisley:
- Allstars Indoor Playland (14-minute drive): Edmonton’s largest indoor playground is the perfect spot for year-round fun. Get directions.
- Treehouse Indoor Playground–South Edmonton (17-minute drive): another great playground providing fun in a safe and welcoming environment. Get directions.
8. World Waterpark (21-minute drive)
The World Waterpark is another prominent attraction situated within the West Edmonton Mall. This is a fantastic destination for families seeking a thrilling aquatic adventure. With its impressive variety of water slides, pools and unique attractions, it’s fun for visitors of all ages and swimming abilities.